Thursday, July 7, 2011


I just want to do a quick post of what my day was like today.  I am finally starting to feel some of the stress from having twins.  In the beginning, I was so 'off' and had so much help and they just slept all the time.  Then, I had them in a good routine.  Well, I guess I let my guard down and let them have too much control and now I am out numbered.  So, today was my 'watch' day and tomorrow starts the strict routine of the Baby Whisperer.  So many people swear by this, so I am going to give it a shot to get control of my situation.  Honestly, every day is different.   Feeding times are never the same.  Their daily schedule depends on what time they get up.  Now, they have started having slightly different schedules so for the past 2 weeks, they have not slept together at all, so someone is always awake.  So, I must get this figured out before I go back to school (which I am starting to get upset about!....that is another topic!)

The girls were so exhausted and cranky from no napping yesterday, that I just put them to bed at 7:30.  I figured they would be up all night, but they did pretty good.  Vivi woke up at 3:30 fussing but went back to bed when I put her paci in.  Then, she woke up again at 4:30 and wouldn't have the sleeping, so I nursed her.  I know I probably should not have, but she hadn't eaten since probably 7, so I went ahead and fed her.  She went back to sleep.  Maddox woke up about 6:15.  I was going to try and hold her off and get them both up at 7, but Maddox was starving, so I fed her at 6:30 and we both fell asleep (oops, but I was exhausted)...Then Vivi woke up at 7, so I got Maddox up, let her play and I fed Vivi.  They both played very cute and talked to each other, for the first time.

So, here is my timeline.

6:30 Maddox fed.
7:00 Vivi Fed.
7-8:30 Both played
8:30-9 Struggling to get Maddox to take a nap (crying and fighting it)
9-Maddox asleep
9:15, Vivi asleep
11:00 Maddox up and fed
11:30 Vivi up and fed (had to actually wake her!)
12-left to have a lunch date with Cooper Sirken!
12:15 Maddox fell asleep in car (after screaming for 10+ minutes...she didn't need to fall asleep, but she did!)
12:40 Both awake and 'talking' to Cooper.
1-1:30 Vivi fell asleep
1:45 Maddox was fussing, so I nursed her (probably the wrong thing to do)
2:00 Left the restuarant to come home and Vivi screamed the last 15 minutes!!!
2:30 Vivi fed then playing
3:00 Maddox fed then playing
5:00-6:30 Maddox nap!
5:20-5:50 Vivi nap
Play time
7:30 Cereal
8:00 Bath
8:30-9:00 Bed

So, tomorrow starts (hopefully) a better routine.  The morning was great, but the afternoon was not.

What I have a hard time with is wanting to rock them to sleep.  There is nothing any sweeter than that, when they are looking up at me and drift off to sleep.  I WANT to do that.  But it is hard to do that with 2, especially if they are fighting sleep.  I might rock/fight with them for 45 minutes to go to sleep and they sleep for 20 minutes.  That is a lot of wasted time.

I know it is best for everyone for your child to go down awake and put themselves to sleep, but I am going to have to work on it.  I LOVE TO CUDDLE...makes me sad to think about not cuddling.  It seems so cold.

Well, I will update how the new routine is going!

Here is a little picture to leave you with.

No comments: